Tuesday, May 26, 2009



Walk Now for Autism 2009
Last year, we walked for the first time as Team Noah in the Walk Now for Autism event for the charity, Autism Speaks. This year, Team Noah walked again, but under very different weather conditions. It was so cold and rainy--and I'm not talking drizzle, it was raining--and I found out how unprepared my family is for rain. We had one broken umbrella and 0 raincoats. I've lived in Utah for 13 years and have used an umbrella maybe two or three times. So my kids were soaked, Noah wore a garbage bag, but we did it! And I am so grateful to everyone that showed up to walk with us! We had about 25 people total and I seriously admire and respect everyone that came and supported us. For those of you who live out of state, or couldn't make it, you are probably secretly pretty happy about that, and I don't blame you. Luckily, by the time we actually started walking, the rain slowed down, so it wasn't too bad. I am happy to report that Team Noah is the #2 team in the state for fundraising with $5,890!! In just two years Team Noah has raised $18,390!! That is SOOO amazing! A huge thank you to everyone who has supported us--you are truly making a difference!

Loni and Andrew(he was very prepared for the rain)

Jaren is soaked!
Diane, Randi, and Taylor
Cold and wet, but still happy
Grandma Ruby, Anna, and Abbey
Pepe, Julie, Les, Les Jr., and Wally
Noah and Geoffrey
Yay! Tim got out of bed and made it!
Taylor, Noah, Andrew and Loni
Les, Debbie, Diane (twin sisters if you didn't notice) and Randi
Abbey, Bryan, Adena and Ryker
Ryker and Ryan




I love Tim's yellow poncho!


Anslee showing her Team Noah spirit!
It is possible that one of my mission companions is under that helmet (not you, Steph!)

Noah's favorite part of the day! Thank goodness it stopped raining long enough for him to slide.


6 comments:

Brad Milkwick said...

Nice pictures. I like the name of your blog.

Kelli Despain said...

Wow, that weather looks miserable but what troopers you are! If I had money this year I would have flown out-I told myself last year that I was going to do it this year but didn't realize I would have such a lack of funds. Maybe next year, right?

WinnFamily said...

Wish I could've been there (yes, even with the rain). When does Noah finish preschool? Ethan finishes this week, and he would love to play with Noah sometime soon.

R.M. said...

That's so weird that we both had huge down pours during our walks!! Oh well, at least you had fun. It's all about the charity anyway!

Kristin Izant said...

It was raining where I was too that weekend :)! Sorry I had to miss it...I will be there next time! Call me soon, lets go to lunch!!

Perley Family said...

I love all of the pictures. I would have gladly walked in the rain, even if my hair turned into a gigantic afro! We got your card in the mail with the team Noah pictures and I just started crying. I think all that you have done is amazing! Way to go Team Noah!

P.S. we live about 25 miles outside of D.C., so if you are ever out this way we'd love to see you!