Friday, October 09, 2009


Noah's 5th Birthday Party!
This was Noah's first "all friend" party and we decided to do a reptile show in our house! It turned out to be so much fun and even those of us who thought we might be a little freaked out (uh, me) held and touched some snakes. Even Grandma Diane jumped in to hold a snake! There was 1 turtle, 2 lizards (1 of which was on the dangerous side, so no pics of him with the kids), 3 "smaller" snakes and then a HUGE 10 foot 100 pound snake. In some of the pictures, you'll see all of the kids lined up with their arms out to hold the big snake, but the presenter thought better of it and just put him on the floor. I thought that was a good call on his part. We also colored some wooden snakes and had cupcakes with gummy snakes on top. It turned out great and Noah LOVED it! Now, for his birthday on Sunday, I am going to make him a Wall e cake, which he is incredibly excited about. He's been carrying the Wall e cake pan around for about a week now. I can't wait (no sarcasm whatsoever--ha ha)


Check out this lizard's blue tongue!
Noah kept covering his eyes each time the guy went to get another animal
































Grandma Diane is so brave!







11 comments:

emmib said...

What a super-fun idea!! I bet those kids LOVED it. Noah looks soooo grown up! Happy Birthday Noah!

Harding Family said...

Wilson has been telling everyone he knows that he held a milk snake. Thanks so much for letting him come to the party. He had a great time! GOOD PARTY! I hope the rest of his birthday was great too!

R.M. said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake is so jealous! Happy birthday Noah!!

WinnFamily said...

Such cute pictures, I love that picture of Noah with the huge snake around him. So I just sent you an email telling you how much fun Ethan said he had at the party, but I don't see him holding or touching any snakes in the pictures. Did he touch any of them?? He told me all about the snakes like he'd touched them all, but I'm thinking maybe he's all talk.

Kelly said...

Oh my snake!!! Agh! I'm dying looking at those pictures! Those snakes were HUGE!!!! What an fun idea!! Glad I wasn't there:)

Stephers said...

Thanks for taking all those pics! That looks like such a fun party!

gxen said...

Ahhh ... gee sorry we couldn't be there for such a fun time. We'll be sure to be there next time ... depending. By the way what's is it going to be next time ... leaches and other slimy creatures? I hear having the blood sucked out of you can very healthy if you are not feeling well and I'm sure the kids would love having that experience!

Kelli Despain said...

Oh my gosh!!! That looks like a fabulous 5 year old party! Did Noah grow into this older, responsible looking guy since the last time I saw him? Seriously, he looks so old in those photos. And the first one with Anslee-too cute, her smile is beautiful.

Perley Family said...

Whoa--you are such a cool mom! I could never do that!! I'm sure my kids would love it, but I'm also pretty sure I'd pass out as soon as I saw the first snake. You guys look great and you kids are SO adorable! Happy Birthday Noah!

Jules said...

I cannot beleive that you let those huges snacks in your house. Cohen had a blast. Thanks for thinking of him.

Anonymous said...

ACK!!! Crazy seeing my kiddos with those HUGE snakes around them. You are a brave woman...my kids keep asking when they get to have a snake party. (Not in this lifetime!!!!) Great post and yes, we need to do lunch-soon!