Anslee's 2nd Birthday!!
Believe it or not, Anslee is already 2! I love this stage of her life, but I can't believe she's not a baby anymore! She has really taken off with talking and it is so cute I can't get enough of it. My favorite is when she puts her hands up and says "I donno". Her birthday was on Mother's Day so instead of having a relaxing day, I was slaving over her cake! The first one I made fell, so I had to scrape out the pan and start over and the second one I made turned out, but the batter dripped over the edges of the pan into the bottom of the oven and it started burning and smoking like crazy. This was all at about 2am the night before. Oh, the things we do for our kids! It turned out pretty cute though and she loved it! You'll notice that it's a Lightning McQueen cake--she picked out the cake pan at the store herself. I was trying to sway her towards a princess pan or butterfly pan, but she was set on Cars. And she did love the cake--when I finally finished it and showed it to her she kept yelling, "Cars! Cars!" She definitely would not have had the same reaction over a butterfly cake.
Believe it or not, Anslee is already 2! I love this stage of her life, but I can't believe she's not a baby anymore! She has really taken off with talking and it is so cute I can't get enough of it. My favorite is when she puts her hands up and says "I donno". Her birthday was on Mother's Day so instead of having a relaxing day, I was slaving over her cake! The first one I made fell, so I had to scrape out the pan and start over and the second one I made turned out, but the batter dripped over the edges of the pan into the bottom of the oven and it started burning and smoking like crazy. This was all at about 2am the night before. Oh, the things we do for our kids! It turned out pretty cute though and she loved it! You'll notice that it's a Lightning McQueen cake--she picked out the cake pan at the store herself. I was trying to sway her towards a princess pan or butterfly pan, but she was set on Cars. And she did love the cake--when I finally finished it and showed it to her she kept yelling, "Cars! Cars!" She definitely would not have had the same reaction over a butterfly cake.
Her Aunt Kelli made this cute little ladybug outfit for her
Noah and Uncle Taylor
Anslee with her cousin Ava
This is Anslee blowing--there was actually air coming out of her mouth, but not enough to reach the candles(or the table even)
Noah stepping in to help--not sure if the candles went out from his breath or his spit. I'm pretty sure no one wanted any cake after that, other than Anslee and Ava
Digging in. . .
Noah loved helping Anslee open her presents. He kept saying stuff like, "Oh my goodness! Look at that!" It was super cute.
Helping Anslee put on her new sunglasses
Yes, a Cars present. What can I say? She loved it.
Grandma Diane, Aunt Randi, and Grandpa Wally
Uncle Tim and Anslee
Noah and his cousin Abbey. Abbey is 6 and very mature, she seems about 10 years older than Noah, and this was the first time they've really played together. They had a great time and it was fun to see them interact.
Anslee on her new tricycle. I love it because it has a bar on the back that you can not only push the tricycle with, but steer it too. She's still a little short for the pedals.
4 comments:
Yea! Happy birthday Anslee!
Thanks for commenting on all my posts Ryan! I think you're the only one who reads my blog!
What a fun party! I had no idea Anslee loved Cars but I think that is so cute. AND, you did a fabulous job on the cake, very impressive.
Wow! She is such a cutie pie! I can't wait to hear her chattering up a storm! What's with all these moms making their children's birthday cakes? It's really putting the pressure on me, ya know? My sisters all make their childrens' too. That was an awesome cake by the way! I love that Anslee likes Cars! Move over boys!
Post a Comment