Anslee's Christmas dress--I love little girl clothes!
We waited in line for over an hour to see Santa, and as I got her out of her stroller to put her in his lap, I noticed she had peed through her clothes!! She NEVER does that! There was no turning back at that point! Sorry Santa! (I was glad he had on gloves--I don't think he noticed!)
Noah opening his new movies, The Incredibles and Ratatouille--he loves them!
CHRISTMAS!!
Christmas was so good this year for many reasons! We went to Georgia to spend the holidays with my family and I got to see so many people that I haven't seen in literally years. Mama Kimball (my great- grandmother) passed away on December 19th and we were able to be at her funeral. It was so special; she left such an amazing legacy! She is the epitome of a strong righteous southern woman. I really wanted to see her one last time and wanted Anslee to meet her (even though she wouldn't remember it) but how many people get to meet their great-great grandmother? I was amazed to find out that Mama Kimball even had a great-great-great grandchild! I was also hoping for a 5 generation picture, but she is in a much better place and had many loved ones waiting for her. We also have a tradition of a Christmas Eve program, which typically turns into an emotional evening, but it's so good and I think healthy to share how you feel with your family. It was one of the best trips home that I have ever had. People also gushed about how cute Anslee is, and of course, I eat that up too! We celebrated an early Christmas morning with our kids and it's good that Noah still isn't clear on dates because he was happy to open presents from Santa early. He looks a little groggy--he takes after me in not being a morning person. I think that I made out the best!! Noah and Anslee got some cool things, but Jaren outdid himself this year! Usually I know exactly what I'm getting, because he gets me EXACTLY what I say, which is good, but there is usually no surprise. This year, he had a few tricks up his sleeve and I was genuinely surprised by several things. Jaren, on the other hand, was probably a little disappointed. It seemed like I got some good things, but after I opened my stuff, I realized that I really didn't get him anything cool! I've been a teacher at school and church and also given lots of talks at church, and every now and then, I'll prepare a lesson that I think is great, but halfway through I realize that it's going down in flames. That's kind of how I felt as I watched Jaren open his presents! I realized that there was nothing exciting for him. And to top it off, the last present he opened was a box of new white church shirts--I could see in his eyes as he opened that last present that he was hoping for "it", something to get excited about and I was wishing that I would've at least made him open that one first. He opened it and said, "Oh, just what I always wanted--new church clothes." In my defense, he did buy himself an X-Box 360 about a week before Christmas and for some reason that didn't "count" for anything. It stole an opportunity for me to get him one though! All in all, we had a great Christmas and a great year! We have been so blessed in so many ways; we both have such amazing families and I'm am so thankful.
The boys harmonizing Silent Night on Christmas Eve--It had some "rough" patches in the beginning (ha ha) but it turned out very nice!
Mmm.. This bow tastes good!
Opening MORE presents! He got lots of cars, Diego stuff, books, a train set, movies, a radio (for kids), clothes, etc. etc!!
2 comments:
I felt the same way with Andrew. All he got was clothes and more clothes. Next year I need to be more creative.
Anslee is just the cutest mini-Kari! I love it!
Post a Comment