Monday, December 31, 2007





Trip to Kona, Hawaii
In November, we went to Hawaii with my mom, dad, brother Tim, and Leslie (Ryan's sister).  I had never been to the big island before, and it was really different from Oahu.  There are active volcanoes that are constantly seeping out lava and there's a volcanoes national park where you can see huge steam vents in the ground, craters, tunnels in the ground (called lava tubes) created by lava flow, and the landscape is black volcanic rock.  The climate of the island is so different too; where we were at, there was volcanic rock by the sides of the road and little vegetation and then you drive about 20 miles, and it's a rain forest with amazing waterfalls.  We thought it was kind of funny because there was "grafitti" on the volcanic rocks which was just white rocks that people used to spell out words.  Their beaches were also so different--there were some beaches where the sand was really course and black, then there were some where the sand was fine and white, and then some where the sand was more of a brown color.  The water was beautiful everywhere we went. Overall, it was a really fun trip!  Jaren fell in love with guavas--he tried one at a road side fruit stand that was pretty far from where we were staying and then made it his goal to find more guavas and they were nowhere to be found!  Tim had an allergic reaction to some sort of tropical fruit he ate and his mouth swelled up.  Noah LOVED the pool and unfortunately, I didn't even get any pics of him in the pool.  It had a waterfall and a hot tub (which was barely lukewarm) and he would have stayed in there all day if we would have let him.  

3 comments:

Kelli Despain said...

Woohoo, a new post! Loved the pics, Noah looks like he really liked it. Love your exciting life. It was great to see you guys over christmas, I wish Ashton and Noah could still play together!

Loni Richards said...

I love the new post. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I think that we need to plan a trip to Hawaii some day when Andrew and I can actually make it.

Kristin Izant said...

Sorry I hid my blog from you. I was worried if you read up on me, we wouldn't have anything to talk about at lunch ;)! J.K. Hawaii looks amazing! Lets play soon!