Barkley the Yorkie-Poo
So, yes, we got a puppy! Jaren has wanted a dog for a while now (a few years) and I have been fighting him on it, but I finally gave in. It didn't help that every mom I talked to that had little kids and a dog said that they wish they would've waited until their kids were older and I just didn't want one more thing to take care of, so let's hope I don't regret this! So far, we've loved her though! She is 9 weeks old and we've had her for almost 2 weeks now. She weighs about 2 pounds and will probably get to be about 7 to 10 pounds. Noah LOVES her and he tells me that all of the time. As we were driving home with her in the car for the first time Noah said, "Mom, I love her!" And he tells me that still on a regular basis. It's fun to see how happy it makes him and how much he plays with her. Anslee has been having fun with her too. She wasn't so sure about her at first, but now if she wants attention from Barkley, all she has to do is sit down and Barkley jumps all over her and licks her and when Anslee's had enough, she just stands up.
About the name, her name has absolutely nothing to do with Charles Barkley, unless Noah is a fan of his and we just don't know it. Once we decided to buy her, we started talking about names that we liked with Noah and we would say, do you like this name or that name? And Noah would agree to names that he liked, but everytime we would ask him what the new puppy's name was he would say Barkley. We have no idea where he got that from, but I like that he came up with it 100% on his own and he stuck with it.
5 comments:
What a cute puppy! I remember when Gizmo was small like that. So fun. Having a dog can be a pain, but the kids love it. Good luck with everything!
Love the dog! Love the name, Barkley, such a fitting name for a dog! Did you guys decide on a date to come to Vegas?
That is the cutest little dog! I think it is better to get the dog after having kids. We got our dog 2 years before we had Adam and she doesn't really like our kids. They want to play and she just runs from them. They have never held her because she freaks out, so it is great that your dog will grow up with your kids and be used to them.
ooo I want one!!
E-mail me please?!? I'm moving up to your area and I would love some input! I got your letter today for the walk. I would love to help! My e-mail is goldfinch05@msn.com. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment