60th Birthday Surprise for Ganz!!
Nevermind that my dad's birthday was at the beginning of March--I'm behind as usual, so I'm trying to catch up on everything. I flew in from Utah and my brother Gary flew in from New Jersey to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday, and he was definitely surprised! I haven't been home for my dad's birthday since I was 18! Brad, Jessica, Braden, Gary, Mema, Grandma, and I went to one of his favorite lunch spots, Mellow Mushroom, and got a table and my mom brought him in. I loved the look on his face! His first words were, "what are you doing here?" For those of you that know Ganz, you can see him saying that in this picture.
Nevermind that my dad's birthday was at the beginning of March--I'm behind as usual, so I'm trying to catch up on everything. I flew in from Utah and my brother Gary flew in from New Jersey to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday, and he was definitely surprised! I haven't been home for my dad's birthday since I was 18! Brad, Jessica, Braden, Gary, Mema, Grandma, and I went to one of his favorite lunch spots, Mellow Mushroom, and got a table and my mom brought him in. I loved the look on his face! His first words were, "what are you doing here?" For those of you that know Ganz, you can see him saying that in this picture.
Now he's excited. . .
After lunch, Brad and Dad went to a guitar store to buy a new guitar while all the ladies ran home to put Dad's surprise party together for that night. That's right, the lucky guy got 2 big surprises in one day. You can tell how excited he is for the surprise party by the look on his face in this picture:
In all of our surprise party planning, we didn't bother to have people park down the road, so when he pulled in with Brad and saw all of the cars there, he told Brad, "I'm not going in there." From the time we saw his headlights pull in the driveway until the time he actually walked in the door was at least 15 minutes, but Brad got him in there and it was fun! Ryan made a slideshow of him throughout his life which was fun to watch. And I was even lucky enough to get woken up by a french horn for hotcakes the next morning. The fun never stops at the Milkwicks.
Waiting for Ganz to walk in the door. . .
Happy Birthday Dad! I'm so happy that we were able to be there for your birthday and I loved seeing your new house! Oh, and I have to give props to Jaren because Anslee had a horrible case of pink eye and a high fever that whole weekend. He survived it though, and I came home just as she was getting over it.
2 comments:
I can't believe he made everyone wait 15 minutes! So typical of Ganz!
Looks like a lot of fun! I forgot to have people park away from the house for Ben's 30th surprise party, the dymb thing was, he still didn't get what was going on. Maybe in another 30 years. Can't wait to see more pics of all your adventures! (No rush or pressure though!:))
Post a Comment