For Memorial Day this year, we took a trip with my family to the Smoky Mountains in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Jaren and I have never gone on a vacation for Memorial Day so this was so fun for us! We stayed in a HUGE cabin there--it had 6 bedrooms/6 baths, was 3 stories plus a loft, had 3 balconies with a hot tub on one of them, it had a theatre room, a fooseball table, pool table, and air hockey. The view was SO pretty--I forget how green it is in the south! It was just beautiful. Pigeon Forge is a pretty big tourist town and there is a ton to do there. We went shopping, went to a couple of museums, rode go carts, went hiking, went to a movie, Jaren and my dad went golfing, and we had fun just hanging out--we played lots of Rock Band (all the boys did at least--I did play a few times too and loved it). The kids had so much fun with their cousins. Noah ran around with Jake the whole time and Anslee played with Braden. It was so good to get everyone together, including my grandparents. Tim was the only one that couldn't make it, but at least we get to see him on a regular basis.
Our cabin looked similar to these cabins
The view of the Smoky Mountains from the highest balcony
Nana and Noah. Noah adores his grandparents (on both sides) and loves to talk to them on the phone. When he decides he's done talking he ends by saying, "I love you too. Bye!" even if they don't say "I love you" first. It's pretty cute.
Jaren and the kids on the loft balcony
Braden and his daddy--he is such a happy little guy!
This was Noah's first time on a go cart!! I haven't ridden one in YEARS, so it was fun for me too. Noah was a little scared the first couple of laps--I forgot how loud they were, but he was having a blast by the end.
Live action go cart shot of Jake and my dad
Hanging out on the balcony in the rocking chairs Grandma Dora and Anslee. Check out Anslee's wings!! I loved what the humidity did to her hair. It was so curly and cute!!
Anslee and her cousin Braden playing with the tupperware
7 comments:
Your pictures make me miss the South! Did you get to go to Georgia at all? Oh, and by the way, did you ever sign Noah up for any kind of preschool this summer?
That looks like a lot of fun, your family is so cute!
I'm sad that you and KK don't have a reason to go back to Georgia anymore! I didn't get to go this time either though. As crazy as it sounds, I miss the humidity! It does wonders for my skin!
That looks like so much fun! It's amazing how green it is.
Sounds like you had an awesome time! I love it when my family gets together for fun stuff like this.
I am glad we all were able to get together. You took a lot of great pictures!
By the way, thank you for the Amazon gift card. Amazon is my favorite store - you can buy anything there.
Post a Comment