Thursday, April 03, 2008






Yay for Girl Trips!

It's so funny because when I first got married, I never even thought about doing a girl's night out, much less a whole trip without my husband! A few years later I realized, I can do something just with girls and it's really fun! My BFF's from college/high school are still--and always will be--some of my FAVORITE girls!! We went to Vegas for a few days and had a great time. We picked Vegas because there are so many fun things to do there (like gamble and party--yeah right) but after we'd been there for a day or so we realized that we really could have gone anywhere or nowhere because we had most of our fun just talking, laughing, and remembering all of the fun times we've had, idiots we've dated, and stupid things we've done. We almost went to Thunder From Down Under, mostly from the encouraging of Emmi's husband, Chris. We decided that that will happen when KK has her bachelorette party. :) We ate, shopped, laid out by the pool, went to a movie (these are all fun things for a mom who rarely gets to do these things!) and I got to meet my new nephew, Oliver (in case you're wondering why I'm holding a baby in Vegas). The weather was PERFECT! We had SOOO much fun and I cannot wait for the next one!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

that sounds like so much fun... I'll have to copy you!

Kristin Izant said...

That really was SO fun! We needed more time!! Can't wait for next time:)

Hild Family said...

How fun for you! Randall owes me like 3 weekends away from the him and the kids-which I am sure I will never really see- but I have hope! It sounds like you had a great time. I know you deserved a nice getaway!

The Bramwell's said...

I am so sad that I missed our girls weekend!!!!!!!! It looks like ya'll had an awsome time!

I would love to go ahead and plan another one, so I can prepare!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

The Bramwell's said...

I am so sad that I missed our girls weekend!!!!!!!! It looks like ya'll had an awsome time!

I would love to go ahead and plan another one, so I can prepare!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Amanda said...

Fun, Fun!! We all deserve it every now and again. Looks like you had a blast.

Kelli Despain said...

I love that you visited me while you were down there (here)-you are always so thoughtful, I love that you are my sister-in-law!

emmib said...

SO MUCH FUN, girls! I loved it. Thanks for organizing, Kari. Thunder from Down Under for sure - next time :)!!!

R.M. said...

Love the girl trips! It's so nice to get away! Cute pics.