The Sundance Film Festival
Jaren and I have a little tradition of going to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City every year to see a few movies. We've gone the last couple of years and seen some great movies, but never seen anyone "famous", but this year was a little different. We went with Tim and his date to see a premiere (the films are all separated into categories) which generally has more famous people in them. As we were walking up to the movie, we had at least 5 people try to buy our tickets from us. I'm thinking, "Why does everyone want to see this movie so bad?" Before the movie started they introduced the director, which they always do at Sundance films, and then he proceeded to introduce TOM HANKS!!! So he comes out and talks about the film--he is so funny by the way--which his company produced. He actually has a small role in the movie too. His son, Collin Hanks, starred in the movie, along with John Malkovich. After the movie was over, some of the actors came out and answered questions about the movie including Collin Hanks and Emily Blunt (also in The Devil Wears Prada). It was so cool to actually hear actors talk about their movie and have them right there with you. We unfortunately didn't have our camera, which is not surprising since I NEVER have my camera when I want it! The name of the movie is The Great Buck Howard, so if it comes out in theaters, go see it! It was very good and entertaining!
5 comments:
Woohoo, Tom Hanks, that's awesome! I've never been to the Sundance Film Festival, and probably won't now for a long time-I'll just live through your experiences.
I can not believe that you were able to see Tom Hanks!! I have been thinking that next year when you guys choose the movies you want to go to let us know because we would love to go with you and you know that we are so cool and would have some much fun together.
Kari,
I came across your blog from Beth Powell's blog! Do you remember me from good old Skyview? Your family is beautiful. You are welcome to view my website as well...http://web.mac.com/bergsfamily/Site/Blog/Blog.html
take care,
Alison (campbell) Bergstrom
Kari, I love your blog! Your kids are sooooo adorable!! Ansley looks just like you!!
http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/
Here you go !
Post a Comment