Friday, July 02, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Anslee!!
I know this is almost 2 months after the fact, but I wanted to post some pictures from Anslee's birthday. She is growing up way too fast! She is becoming more and more "girly". I thought for a while that she would be more of a tomboy, but she is into leotards, dresses up her favorite teddy bear, and even went to princess camp a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to post some video from that--it was very cute and funny. She does, however, still love to get dirty. A couple of weeks ago at a family reunion/campout she played in a pile of dirt and was covered from head to toe! No exaggeration! When I asked her to get out of the dirt she said, "But I'm just building sand castles." How can I argue with that? She is definitely a girl in the way she interacts with Noah; here is a sample conversation:
Ans: "Hey Noah! Wanna play with me?"
Noah: "Yes!!"
Ans: "Well, I don't want to play with you!"
Noah, very sad: "Mom, Anslee won't play with me." She usually follows this with a little "ha ha" and a triumphant smile. I never thought that these little games would start so young! Heaven help the boys in her future.
I took Anslee to the store to pick out a cake pan, and I was pleasantly surprised that she picked a butterfly! I thought for sure she would pick the Spongebob pan (she was on a spongebob kick for a while--I cannot stand Spongebob!)

Anslee got a leotard for her birthday, and I made her this tutu. Too bad she doesn't want to wear it because she thinks it's itchy.




We went to the Mayan for her birthday. It was fun for the kids to watch the cliff diving show that they do every 30 minutes--I should've gotten some pictures of that. Pretty much everyone else eating there was there for a birthday too.




No comments: