Girl's Trip to San Francisco!!
San Francisco has got to be one of the best places ever to take a girl's trip! This was my first time going and I had such a good time with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law (and Kelli's new baby Oliver--he was such a good boy!). We arrived mid-day Friday and hit the ground running. We shopped and shopped at China town and then at one of the biggest malls I've ever seen and then we ended the day by seeing Mamma Mia! Such a good movie--especially to go with girls to. The theatre was packed with a very enthusiastic crowd which I think made the movie even funnier. We got up bright and early the next day (early for me at least) and went sightseeing to Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, and Union Square. It was a perfectly beautiful day and we were able to see the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz. We didn't have time to actually make it to the bridge or Alcatraz--after all, we had more shopping to do! We shopped and shopped and shopped and then shopped a little bit more! Loni in particular is great to go shopping with because she knows great stores that I'd never really been in or heard of like Steve and Barry's and Anthropologie. I never would've really gone into either of those, but of course, I found things that I "couldn't live without"! We walked an insane distance up and down steep hills--it had to have been at least 30 miles (or felt like it). But that didn't stop the Larsen girls! We took a short break at the hotel to clean up/change clothes and were off again. We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory on Union Square which is always delicious. The next day, surprise, surprise, more shopping! I loved every minute of it. Everyone that has children knows that shopping with children is just not the same! We had to fly home that afternoon, but that was such an awesome trip! Thanks to Jaren for watching the kids and thanks to Kelli, Loni, Randi and Diane for such a fun time! I'm looking forward to the next one!
All of the sea lions basking in the sun
Alcatraz
7 comments:
how fun! i need to do that! a girl vacation! what a great idea!
Thanks Kari! It was really neat. And San Fran is one of my favorite vacations. Pier 49 is so fun.
SO FUN!!! I love Steve and Barrys.
Remember when you used to tell us we travelled all the time? Now I'm jealous of all your fun trips! Especially the shopping part. How did you get Jaren to agree with that? You'll have to let me know so I can try it out on Ben!
We did have a fun trip, and you totally look like you are blood related-I love that. Next year I'm thinking a weekend full of spa treatments. Ah, I'm happy just thinking about it!
Hey Kari! Looks like you had a good time. That's fun. We decided to go private on our blog but I don't have your email address. If you can email me at mchild79@gmail.com when you get a chance I will send an invite to you. Thanks!
I'm ready for Mexico pics!
Post a Comment