Five Years!!
1) I love that he can ALWAYS make me laugh!
This has always been important to me. I knew that I had to marry someone that I could laugh with (alot). He can even make me laugh when I'm mad (or trying to be). And I love that he can still do it day after day.
2) I love that he is SO nice!
Any of you that know Jaren know that this is true! I have always been impressed by how nice he is, even before we even thought about dating. One time I was joking with my mom and I told her that Jaren had said something mean and she immediately said, "I don't believe Jaren would say something like that!" I can't even fool people into thinking that he might ever say something mean. I love it when he comes home from work and says, "Oh I sent 'so-and-so' the meanest email today." And I have to laugh because I'll look at the email and say, "Do you really think this is mean?" In general, if a girl thinks a guy is nice, it usually means that he's also boring, and I love that Jaren is both nice and fun. It really is a rare combination.
3) I love that he is a "hands-on" dad!
He takes an active part in being a dad--he helps with changing diapers, bathing the kids, clipping their nails, disciplining them, watching them so that I can go out with friends or just out for myself, and when Noah has a "breakthrough" with something, Jaren has played a major part in that. Any mother would agree that they love seeing their husband interact with their kids and I love and appreciate that he takes such an active part in their lives.
4) I love that he is so handy!
Jaren has done so much around our house. He's put together tons of furniture (we're looking forward to one day having furniture that's already assembled! :) ), installed new faucets on our sinks, installed ceiling fans and cable jacks, designed and put in our sprinkler system in our backyard, and most recently built an incredible deck in our backyard. I have to give credit to his dad too, because he has taught Jaren how to do most of these things, and part of what is so cute about it is that Jaren just really wants to be like his dad.
This is the deck a couple of months ago--he's now finished the railings and it just needs steps!
5) I love that we are so content with each other.
I have never felt so comfortable with anyone. He always makes me feel loved and I know that he would choose me over ANYTHING. That is such a great feeling and I feel SOOO lucky to be with someone like him.
Thank you for 5 wonderful years! I love you, Jaren!!
6 comments:
AH, what a sweet post! Happy Anniversary you two. Five years, that's great. You're such a cute couple, and family for that matter.
Don't think that Jaren was always that nice,wink, wink. You guys are the greatest couple! Love ya.
Congratulations!!! That was an awesome post, and I'm so happy that you found your true love!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
congrats on 5 big ones! the deck looks awesome too! way to go!
Happy 5 Years! You guys make such a good looking couple!
Post a Comment