Wednesday, May 07, 2008

WALK FOR AUTISM 2008











































Team Noah was a huge success! We had a great turnout--65 people showed up to support us, and we were the biggest team there! Thank you so much to everyone that supported us!! We were also one of the top fundraising teams--we raised nearly $13,000!!!! That is incredible! I am still in awe of how well we did and how lucky/blessed we are to have such great family and friends. I had a hard time getting a group shot because we had such a big group, but if you click on any of the pictures, you can see a bigger version. I had people comment on how impressive our team was and all I can say is THANK YOU! We will be forever grateful to all of you for your love and support. It means SO much to us. Noah LOVES his Team Noah shirt and wants to wear it every day! He has never really cared about what he wears, but he really loves that shirt. I actually think he understands (to some degree) what a big event this was, and that it really is a special shirt. I know he was overwhelmed by all of the people/attention at the walk, but I know that one day he'll really understand. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the skydivers who kicked off the event (and who literally almost landed on my parents--one did run over some poor kid!) and the Cottonwood High School football team who cheered us on along the walk. This was such a great experience for us, and we hope to do the walk again in the future, so hang on to those Team Noah shirts! Thank you again to everyone! WE LOVE YOU!!

6 comments:

Kelli Despain said...

Wow, I just keep saying that, wow! I love how much support you guys received-looking at the pictures I think how much I love my family and their willingness to help. I should have been there-I should have flown me and Oliver down to do it. I'm sorry I'm so lame, I will totally come next year. Can't wait to get my shirt and wear it everywhere so I can brag about my awesome nephew Noah. Way to go Team Noah, you guys rock!

R.M. said...

Kari,
It just warms my heart to see this! I am so proud of you guys! There is no one that appreciates your efforts more than the 4 of us that live in this house! We eat, sleep and breathe Autism every day. Thank you for all of your hard work and thank you for being a voice not only for Noah, but for Jenna, and all of the other millions of children affected by this horrible disorder. I have to hold on to the hope that someday someone will find a cure for this! With walks like this happening all over the United States, I pray that the funds that are raised will help someone get us closer to that goal!

Thanks again,

Ryan

WinnFamily said...

Glad we could be there! It was fun, and it was awesome to see so many people there supporting Noah and autism!

Kristin Izant said...

I couldn't believe what a big event it turned out to be! And how much support Team Noah had! You're such a good mom and team leader!! I'm so glad we were there...I hope we can do it again next year.

Perley Family said...

Kari!!! I'm so glad we found each other again! What a beautiful family you have. Your kids are absolutely adorable, and you and Jaren make such a cute couple. You look great! I loved catching up on your life. I can't believe you and KK are both in UT. We are actually thinking of moving to UT in the next few years too. I have 4 siblings there, so we would love to be near family and CA is out of our price range!

I was so touched by the walk for autism you participated in for Noah. I just cried and cried. I so wish I could have been there to support you. I can see what an amazing mom you are, but that doesn't surprise me one bit. I always knew you'd make a great mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you.

I'm so glad we can keep in touch now! If ever you are in the DC area call me! I'd love to see you. My email address is perleyhome@yahoo.com.

Take care,
Kris (Daly) Perley

Jennie said...

Kari thank you so much for letting us be a part of such an amazing day! We are proud to be members of Team Noah!

Jennie

I posted a little something about it on my blog. Check it out.
http://jennieabernethys.blogspot.com